My name is Dr. Emily Guarnotta, though many of my clients simply call me Emily. I am a licensed psychologist in Merrick, New York with a special interest in helping mothers and fathers cope with the challenges of parenting. I hold a doctorate in clinical psychology from the California School of Professional Psychology in San Diego, California. My experiences include working in local community mental health clinics, outpatient and residential addiction treatment centers, and with children and parents in a school-setting. I have also completed additional training in perinatal mood and anxiety disorders, perinatal grief and loss, mental health and integrative medicine, and mindfulness-based stress reduction.
As a psychologist in private practice, I see clients struggling with a wide variety of concerns, including:
- Perinatal mood and anxiety disorders
- Grief and loss
- Relationship issues
My services include individual therapy, psychological evaluations, consultation in the area of perinatal mental health, and media and writing contributions in the areas of psychology and mental health.
If you are interested in setting up an appointment, please contact me.
- Licensed Clinical Psychologist in New York
- Doctorate in Clinical Psychology from the California School of Professional Psychology, San Diego, California
- Certified Mental Health Integrative Medicine Provider
- Certified Perinatal Mental Health Provider (PMH-C)